Saturday, January 2, 2021

Feliz Año Nuevo - 2021

Here is to a new year, and to new beginnings.  Due to Covid restrictions, I boarded an Air Canada flight today bound for Costa Rica and NOT Nicaragua.  Needing a negative Covid test within 3 days of entering the Nicaraguan border proved to be difficult to secure in a timely fashion in Canada.  But all was possible in Costa Rica.   I made my way to a private hospital for a Covid test, and then had to wait for the results.  I spent it uneventfully in a hotel during the nights and this lovely park during the day. 

That was my green bench of choice while I studied and practised my spanish with the locals.  











YAY! I received my negative test result, found a taxi, and drove to the border.  I am always amazed at what differences there are in the world.  As part of the process I had to stop at this small house to buy my entrance fee and show my documentations. Then I was able to walk across. 

I was greeted on the 'other side' by this check point.  I was not sure I was even in Nicaragua yet as this was the fourth documentation stop I made along the road while pulling my luggage.  
It all became apparent when I viewed this white-washed building.  Upon entry I went through the normal routine of an eye scan, luggage scan, and more fees to entry the country. (apparently, the small house stop was simply the fee to walk the road)  

I MADE IT TO NICARAGUA!







No comments: